What Personal Information About Customers Does DirectCanada.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us continually improve your shopping experience at DirectCanada.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the DirectCanada.com web site or give us in any other way.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many other web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web
browser accesses DirectCanada.com.
Does DirectCanada.com sell the Information It Receives?
DirectCanada.com does not sell information to other companies.
What information does DirectCanada.com share?
DirectCanada.com may share your information with third parties acting on our behalf or as permitted or required by law.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing
customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of DirectCanada.com and Others: We release account and other personal information
when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of DirectCanada.com, our users, or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable
information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the enough of your credit card number to uniquely identify it when confirming
an order. We securely transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- The security of your personal information is a high priority for DirectCanada.com. We maintain
appropriate safeguards and current security standards to protect your personal information, whether recorded on paper or captured electronically, against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse.
To accommodate changes in our service, the technology, and legal developments, this Policy may change over time. We may add, change, or remove portions of this Policy when we feel it is appropriate to do so. Whenever we update this Policy we will
change the date on the Policy to indicate when the changes were made.