As always DFI has always been known to push technology to its outer limits and the Infinity P965 is no exception. This Intel based motherboard provides users with a perfect solution that not only offers tremendously high performance and “ over-clockablity ” but also boosts an extremely attractive price. DFI has chosen to use the Intel P965 + ICH8R chipsets to allow the board to support the most advance processors (including Core 2 Quad), DDRII-800 and Crossfire functions. Although the motherboard is a bit late arriving to the market the motherboard and BIOS are brilliantly designed to offer users unsurpassed over-clocking that will not disappoint even the most advanced overclocker. In addition DFI has redesigned the packaging to further accent the fact that DFI's Infinity series have entered the next generation of gaming performance.
A chipset solution that adopts Intel P965 + ICH8R
DFI's INFINITY P965 motherboard adopted Intel's P965 chipset and did not miss a beat. The P965 is commonly regarded as “Conroe's sole platform” amongst the enthusiasts' community. The chipset embraces Intel's “Fast Memory Access Technology” to provide enhanced processing speed and supports Microsoft's newest operating system, Windows Vista. ICH8R is essentially an advanced and upgraded edition of ICH7R. It provides support for more USB and SATA slots, both in quantity and performance. Further it supports the newest technologies such as iAMT and QST. In addition the ICH8R is the most advance chipset in its family and provides enhanced RAID functionality and therefore it supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, and 5 categories.
4 Phases Digital PWM
Obviously since DFI is never content to use inferior components they have chosen to use the advanced 4-phase digital PWM instead of the ordinary 3-phase PWM that is commonly seen in the market these days. A digital PWM supplies components with stabilized current which is a necessity for all enthusiasts and is extremely important when the time comes to select the right type of motherboard for gaming. In addition do to its design the digital PWM works without the worry of capacitor explosion and electrolyte leakage, it gives every enthusiast unlimited freedom from fear while he is overclocking or gaming.
Supports ATI Crossfire multi-rendering
It can not be denied that Crossfire technology has brought revolutionary changes to the way 3D technologies work. Nowadays, hardcore gamers largely choose to use Crossfire technologies to provide them with the ultimate in 3D rendering while gaming. Crossfire technology certainly differentiates advanced hardcore gamers from the beginners. And since the Infinity P965 supports 2 Crossfire VGA cards (one of the PCI slots runs with x16, while the other runs with x4) it allows users to utilize the best 3D rendering technology in the market.
Uses entirely solid aluminum capacitors (INFINITY P965-S Edition)
For an added level of performance DFI has implement the use of all solid aluminum capacitors on the INFINITY P965-S. Solid aluminum capacitors provide high reliability and durability even under the most demanding of circumstances. Enthusiasts prefer solid aluminum capacitors because they know that this will allow the motherboard to work impressively even during over-clocking and without the worry of problems such as capacitor explosion or electrolyte leakage.
8 Channels high-definition audio
Besides the realistic visual effect and fabulous 3D graphics, the sound performance is another factor that attracts gamers' attention. Just imagine yourself submerged in the dynamics of gaming with full 3D graphics and lifelike sound effects; if you're not careful you might not be able to tell reality from fantasy which only leads to the thrilling experience provide by this board. That's why the INFINITY P965 adopted the 8–channel Azalea audio CODEC which provides you with the most unforgettable gaming experience of your life.
Fully supports Windows Vista
The brand new Operation system Microsoft Vista, it provides faster graphic process ability. In addition, Vista also brings a fresh experience to users about on-line security, wireless resources sharing and entertainments. DFI INFINITY P965 is fully supports Microsoft Vista.
Four years ago, DFI was the first-in-industry to offer EZ switches for users. Now INFINITY P965 still provides the same traditional EZ on & off to let an enthusiast enjoy over-clocking with or without a computer casing. Genie BIOS of DFI motherboard is versatile at various voltage levels and settings. It is an “all time favorite” feature for enthusiasts. Other special features include high speed DDRII-800 memory support. The capacity can go up to a gigantic 8GB.
To suit the needs of enthusiasts, DFI has prepared two editions of P965 at the press time. INFINITY P965-S fully adopts aluminum solid capacitors on it board while the INFINITY P965 is the cost/performance edition without solid capacitors.
Merchandise sold by DirectCanada.com carries a limited 15-day customer satisfaction policy and a limited 30-day DOA (dead-on-arrival) policy, from the original invoice date, and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- ALL merchandise requires an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) issued by DirectCanada.com for return. RMA numbers are valid for 7-days with a small leeway for shipping times. Merchandise returned to us without a valid RMA number will be
refused and shipped back to the customer at the customer's expense. Please allow 5 to 10 business days for testing and refunds to be processed.
- Returned merchandise must NOT be physically damaged, including damage due to improper installation or overclocking. This includes any physical alteration to the product, modifications not approved by the manufacturer, bent pins, etc. No returns, refunds or exchanges for any special order products, headsets, Notebooks, PDAs, Televisions, opened software (retail box Software, OEM Software, Computer Games, Video Games) , printers, printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances, handhelds, special order computers and special order items, DVDs, CDs, or any products marked as "no returns" or carries a similar description on the products' page. All products are eligible for original manufacturer's warranties. Please contact the manufacturer directly. All fees, including "shipping and handling", insurance coverage fees, and "Rapid Replacement" fees are non-refundable.
All products are eligible for original manufacturer's warranties. Please contact the manufacturer directly. All fees, including "shipping and handling", insurance coverage fees, and "Rapid Replacement" fees are non-refundable.
- UNOPENED merchandise (not including special orders or merchandise labeled "No Returns" or similar language) can be returned within 15-days under our customer satisfaction policy for a full refund, based on the current market
price of the product, if the current market price is lower.
- OPENED merchandise WITHOUT original packaging or materials is not eligible for return. OPENED merchandise WITH original packaging and materials may be eligible for return within our 15-day customer satisfaction policy and will be
subject to a 15% restocking fee. Any returns MUST include all original parts and packing materials, or the RMA will be rejected.
- LCD monitors and other products with LCD displays (i.e.: notebooks, cameras, etc.) adheres to the dead-pixel policy that been established by most of the manufacturers. Any product with an LCD screen must be a minimum of 7 (seven) dead LCD pixels to
be considered defective. Please contact the manufacturer of the product for additional warranty information if you receive a product with less than 7 dead pixels.
All product warranty coverage after 30-days will be handled directly by the product manufacturer. DirectCanada.com reserves the right to refuse any returns or refunds for merchandise.
Prices, specification and terms of offers are subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to verify the accuracy of the product information posted, DirectCanada.com is not responsible typographical and/or photographic errors.
DirectCanada.com reserves the right to change our terms and conditions at any time without notice.