The Vendetta 2 is an efficient new CPU cooler with a powerful 120mm fan design for maximum performance. Utilizing a distinctive stacked fin design and trend-setting heat pipe direct touch (HDT) design combined with a large low-noise fan, the Vendetta 2 is built to quietly solve the cooling challenges of today’s most powerful processors.
Utilizing the proven performance of the latest HTD design, the Vendetta 2 has direct contact with the processor using three copper heat pipes to ensure the most rapid heat transfer and a lighter weight. The dimple micro-configuration of the stacked aluminum fins adds turbulence, reducing the skin effect of laminar air flow for more efficient circulation within your case. The versatile and user-friendly Vendetta 2 is compatible with AMD AM2/939/754/755 and Intel 775 sockets and can be installed quickly and easily by end-users at all skill levels.
The Vendetta 2 offers an extra performance boost than the more compact original version. The ultra-quiet 120mm fan, with its anti-vibration rubber connectors to reduce excess noise, sets new standards for extremely efficient cooling performance at a price point that is still enticing to a variety of budgets
* Although the Vendetta has been qualified for these processors for performance and compatibility, it may not fit some motherboards
Reviewed by DL2010092389 at @ 07:40 PM Jun 21, 2010
I have a few of these coolers running in 4 different LGA775 cpu PC's and have had nothing but the best results with this cooler.
Installing can be a bit tricky if you've never done this before, removing the motherboard from the case is required if you want to save yourself from a lot of stress. I've done a few installs with this cooler so let me tell you that doing it the right way the first time will save you loads of headaches. Here is what I would recommend:
Step #1) Remove motherboard from case. Yeah its a pain, but it's required unless you have tiny tiny hands.
Step #2) Install the 4 rubber fan mounts on the cooler before you do anything. Use a set of plyers if its too hard to do it with just your hands. Put the fan aside for now, do not install it now.
Step #3) [Optional] This cooler is very heavy and can bend some motherboards. If you are like me, you hate the pushpin setup with LGA775 setups! Buy a Xigmatek ACK-I5361 retention bracket (SKU: 25530AC4479) which is available on this site, which will help prevent damage to your motherboard and give you a much tighter fit with the cooler and CPU die for better results. The ACK-I5361 details say that its made for Xigmatek cpu coolers, but I have used it with the Vendetta2 and can confirm they are compatible.
Step #4) put AS5 of similar thermal paste on the cpu cooler base. Take a lint free cloth (like a coffee filter) and rub the paste all over the cooler base, then wipe it off leaving only a light residue behind. Put two vertical lines of AS5 on the two inner grey parts of the cooler base. This will make sure most of the cooler will get the paste on it. The light residue left behind on the first AS5 application will improve performance.
Step #5) Mount the cooler on the motherboard, either using pushpins or with a retention bracket.
Step #6) Take the included fan and pull the rubber fan mounts through the 4 holes on each corner. Again, use plyers for easier installation. Sometimes these rubber mounts can be really stubborn to get through without plyers!
I only have experience with this cooler on an LGA775 setup, but I have read that the cooler base isn't optimal for the new LGA1366 socket. The LGA1366 cpu die size is quite large and the base of this cooler doesn't have the best performance. It will still work of course, but if your looking for serious cooling on i7, check out the Ultra True 120 (available on this site).
Anyhow, I typically get temps in the low 30's with load temps in the mid 40's with this CPU. On an overclocked q6600 (3.4ghz) I get 50-51c for my load temps.
Final verdict - if you have an LGA775, buy this cooler!
Submit your review
| View more reviews
Manufacturer's Warranty Contact Information
Sales & Customer Satisfaction Policy
Merchandise sold by DirectCanada.com carries a limited 15-day customer satisfaction policy and a limited 30-day DOA (dead-on-arrival) policy, from the original invoice date, and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- ALL merchandise requires an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) issued by DirectCanada.com for return. RMA numbers are valid for 7-days with a small leeway for shipping times. Merchandise returned to us without a valid RMA number will be
refused and shipped back to the customer at the customer's expense. Please allow 5 to 10 business days for testing and refunds to be processed.
- Returned merchandise must NOT be physically damaged, including damage due to improper installation or overclocking. This includes any physical alteration to the product, modifications not approved by the manufacturer, bent pins, etc. No returns, refunds or exchanges for any special order products, headsets, Notebooks, PDAs, Televisions, opened software (retail box Software, OEM Software, Computer Games, Video Games) , printers, printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances, handhelds, special order computers and special order items, DVDs, CDs, or any products marked as "no returns" or carries a similar description on the products' page. All products are eligible for original manufacturer's warranties. Please contact the manufacturer directly. All fees, including "shipping and handling", insurance coverage fees, and "Rapid Replacement" fees are non-refundable.
All products are eligible for original manufacturer's warranties. Please contact the manufacturer directly. All fees, including "shipping and handling", insurance coverage fees, and "Rapid Replacement" fees are non-refundable.
- UNOPENED merchandise (not including special orders or merchandise labeled "No Returns" or similar language) can be returned within 15-days under our customer satisfaction policy for a full refund, based on the current market
price of the product, if the current market price is lower.
- OPENED merchandise WITHOUT original packaging or materials is not eligible for return. OPENED merchandise WITH original packaging and materials may be eligible for return within our 15-day customer satisfaction policy and will be
subject to a 15% restocking fee. Any returns MUST include all original parts and packing materials, or the RMA will be rejected.
- LCD monitors and other products with LCD displays (i.e.: notebooks, cameras, etc.) adheres to the dead-pixel policy that been established by most of the manufacturers. Any product with an LCD screen must be a minimum of 7 (seven) dead LCD pixels to
be considered defective. Please contact the manufacturer of the product for additional warranty information if you receive a product with less than 7 dead pixels.
All product warranty coverage after 30-days will be handled directly by the product manufacturer. DirectCanada.com reserves the right to refuse any returns or refunds for merchandise.
Prices, specification and terms of offers are subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to verify the accuracy of the product information posted, DirectCanada.com is not responsible typographical and/or photographic errors.
DirectCanada.com reserves the right to change our terms and conditions at any time without notice.